Provides general patient care and basic patient education. Performs duties which indirectly support patient care such as scheduling, record keeping, and maintaining supplies inventories.
Participates in the screening, evaluation and care of inmates in sick call, mental health, clinics, and other areas to include segregation, under the supervision of a physician and/or a registered nurse. Provides treatments and administers medications per physician orders. Perform specific nursing tasks and provides appropriate nursing interventions in emergency situations using our comprehensive user friendly nursing guidelines.
- Assists health care providers, registered nurses and allied health professionals with examinations, treatments, special tests and routine procedures.
- Obtains patient health history, laboratory specimens, vital signs and administers TB skin tests.
- Reviews patient chart; records and reports observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in patient’s conditions.
- Schedules and coordinates paperwork for patient transfers to medical facilities or outside health care providers; administers medications; implement health care practitioners’ orders and documents all patient contacts.
- Practices safety, environmental and infection control methods.