MEDIKO understands there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to anything in correctional facilities, let alone the single largest responsibility for your administration- inmate medical and mental healthcare. This is why we work with you to understand your unique needs and work together to create a customized program to enhance solutions and make lives easier.
Our comprehensive medical services include the recruitment, retention, and oversight of qualified, well-trained and dedicated healthcare staff.
These program components include, but are not limited to:
- Health Services Administrator
- Primary Care Physician
- Mid-Level Health Care Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant)
- Nursing Staff (RN or LPN)
- Qualified Mental Health Provider (Master’s Degree or above)
Program services include, but are not limited to:
- Electronic Medical Records
- Telemedicine / Telepsychiatry
- X-Rays / Imaging Studies
- Utilization Management
- Contract Negotiations, either directly with local hospitals or main healthcare insurance companies in your area
- Developing comprehensive user-friendly nursing guidelines
- Staff training for security and medical staff
- Program oversight
MEDIKO has created a program that is designed to adhere to NCCHC, ACA and state standards. We also take our time to listen and learn about all operational details and requirements of each unique facility. We provide you with a policy and procedure manual for the medical department while making sure that there will be no conflicts with your existing facility operational manual.
MEDIKO recognizes and appreciates the dedication and efforts of our on-site medical staff and make a promise to you that you will receive the same individualized, high-quality care and attention from any member of the MEDIKO team. Experience the MEDIKO difference.